New York Academy Will Award Passionate Educators with the “Capacity Building Grant”
With this grant, New York Academy aims to contribute to the projects that build long-term capacity at schools in high-poverty areas in the state of New Jersey.
$1,000 to $1,500 will be awarded to successful applicants.
NYA will grant $10,000 in total.
WHO CAN APPLY?
HOW TO USE THE GRANT
Applicants may include teachers or administrators at K-12 schools that meet eligibility criteria, including schools whose total free and reduced lunch ratio is at least 70%.
The grant provides funding for classroom technology, teaching materials, and other equipment used by the robotics and engineering clubs.
- Innovative nature of investment
- Reusability of investment
- Number of students impacted
- Reusable plan for timing and cost implementation
- School Information
- Project Description
- Budget Form with an Explanation (max two pages)
- Submit all documents as one pdf document with the title in the following format: last name of Contact Person_2021_School Name
- Before completing grant the application, please read the criteria for eligibility and objectives of the request for proposals, to verify whether your project qualifies for a New York Academy Capacity Building Grant. Time frame for the grant, if awarded, is April 1, 2021-July 1, (Extended to December 31, 2021)
- Please submit a complete application form. Incomplete applications will not be be accepted.
- Applications must be submitted online by 5 pm on April 30, 2021 (March 19, 2021). Late applications will not be considered.
- If you have any questions, please e-mail [email protected] or call (201) 639 4311
- Download the grant application form.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can download the application form from our website. Applications should be submitted to New York Academy at [email protected].
NYA has decided to extend the time frame for the grant to December 31, 2021. Awardees, teachers and administrators, will have more flexibility to implement their projects in Fall 2021 when the schools go onsite.