Job Opportunity: Grant Writer – Paid Intern Positions
New York Academy Educational Services (NYA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides and promotes high-quality educational services to students of New Jersey to close the achievement gap resulting from socioeconomic inequities, and to help students of all backgrounds reach their greatest academic and intellectual potential.
NYA is seeking energetic, motivated, deadline-oriented individuals to contribute to the grant writing efforts of the organization.
Current graduate students will be given priority in hiring.
This position will work closely with the Grants Manager and the Chief Executive Officer.
NYA is currently looking for grant funding for 2 projects, which have been designed for low-income communities:
- College Path Mentorship for 10th to 12th grader high school students,
- STEM Education for K-8 graders.
- Assist with the preparation, submission, and management of grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources,
- Knowledge and familiarity with grants research,
- Knowledge and experience with non-profit organizations is a plus,
- Identify and communicate with the Grant Manager grant opportunities that are applicable to the organization and its mission,
- Establish and maintain a tracker of each grant proposal,
- Assists in the preparation of budgets for grant proposals and budget reports for funders
- Assists with the development of new project ideas,
- Works with external partners to co-develop project proposals,
- Attend grant meetings within the organization,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Minimum education – Bachelor’s degree,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Excellent writing and editing skills,
- Organized and detailed oriented,
- Ability to work independently,
- Interest in working with diverse and underserved populations,
- Knowledge of grant writing techniques, strategies, and databases,
- Commitment to the mission of the NYA.
From $20 per hour.
How to Apply:
Send your CV to info(at)newyorkacademy.org.